Restore, Renew and Replenish
A Yoga Retreat in Ithaca, Greece
July 11-18 2015
Join Aliya and Sarah for their annual European yoga retreat adventure, this year on the stunning Greek island of Ithaca! Itha108, a beautiful and peaceful purpose-built retreat centre will be our home for one week of yoga, delicious food, relaxation and exploration. Three yoga spaces (indoor and outdoor) will provide a variety of settings to flow through a week of alignment-based, creative and fun vinyasa classes, which will help you progress in your practice daily.
Start the day with a morning meditation overlooking the sparkling Ionian Sea, appropriate for those new to meditation, as well as those who have a consistent practice. From this peaceful place, we will flow through a dynamic vinyasa class to invigorate the mind and body. The afternoon is yours to explore any (or all!) of the 4 nearby beaches, all within a short walking distance. Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Thai massage are available upon request for those wanting a bit of pampering.
For a more active afternoon, choose from kayaking and scuba diving, to a guided tour of Homer’s Palace. A late afternoon workshop-style class will allow you to delve deeper into specific topics, including luxurious restorative yoga sessions.
End the day with a vegetarian meal prepared from the freshest local ingredients while sharing stories and adventures with new friends. This retreat is open to experienced and newer yogis alike – all are welcome!
What is Included:
- Transfer cost from Kefalonia airport to Ithaca by private ferry*
- Daily meditation and 2 daily yoga classes including vinyasa, restorative, and workshops on a variety of topics open to all levels of experience
- Delicious and fresh meals, as well as snacks and refreshments throughout the day
- Yoga equipment
- Accommodation (please see below for options)
- Alcohol (available at a nominal additional cost)
- Massage treatments
- Day trips
*Please enquire with Aliya and Sarah regarding the best travel options to Kefalonia
- £850 ($1335) - Shared en-suite in the main house
- £1250 ($1960) - Single in the main house
- £750 ($1175) - Shared Yurt
- £950 ($1490) - Single Yurt
- £650 ($1020) - Dorm Yurt Shared by 3-4 People. If you are interested in this option and are traveling alone, please contact Sarah/Aliya for details.
How do I sign up?
- A 25% deposit is required to hold you place, with the remainder due by June 1st, 2015. Space is limited, so early booking is encouraged! Contact Aliya and Sarah at email@example.com to book your place.
Join Aliya and Sarah in Spain
The Hacienda, 26th July - 2nd August 2014
Restore, renew, and replenish yourself on a seven day retreat to the Andalucian countryside with Sarah Damsky and Aliya Sorgen. Greet the day by gazing at the Sierra Nevada mountains from your room's balcony, sitting in quiet meditation, and then flowing through an alignment-based vinyasa class, all before a healthy brunch. The afternoon is yours to relax poolside, detoxify in the sauna, indulge in a massage, explore natural trails and olive groves cycling or on foot or partake in culture in nearby Montefrio, Granada, or the Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to your mat in the late afternoon to work up an appetite for a vegetarian meal prepared of local ingredients which you'll savor as you share your adventures with new friends.
What is Included
- Daily meditation and two yoga classes, including vinyasa, restorative, and workshops on a variety of topics open to all levels of experience taught and assisted by two instructors, allowing individualised attention
- En-suite accommodation in a shared room with a balcony and mountain views in a tastefully converted traditional farmhouse
- Large brunch and dinner with snacks and refreshments available throughout the day
- Yoga props
- Exclusive access to The Hacienda including indoor and outdoor yoga space, sauna, pool, lounge areas, and five acres of nature paths
- Early bird price through May 1st, 2014 is £750($1200) per person in a twin room with en-suite bath
- Price after May 1st, 2014 is £800($1300)
- Airfare, ground transportation, massage, and day trips not included. Wine is available for purchase with dinner at a nominal cost.
- The Hacienda is located 45 minutes away from Malaga airport. Direct flights are available from London, Manchester, and New York City. Please book early for the best prices.
- A group shuttle will be provided at a specified time at a cost of around £25($40) or less, one-way. Should you arrive prior to the shuttle, you can take a short taxi ride to the nearby Plaza Mayor which has shops and restaurants. A similarly priced shuttle will be available for return to the Malaga airport.
You've Convinced Me! Now What?
- A 25% deposit is required to hold your space with the remainder due July 1st. Please email us to arrange payment. As space is limited, please book early to ensure availability!
- Please tell friends who may be interested!
- Like our Facebook page!
Join Aliya and Sarah for a Yoga Retreat in the magical Umbrian countryside of Italy: 2nd-9th August 2013
Restore, renew, and replenish yourself on a 7 day retreat in the hills of Umbria at Casa della Pace. Begin each day in meditation and then flow through a vinyasa yoga class in an atmospheric one thousand year old former church, all before breakfast. Spend the day hiking, relaxing by the pool, swinging in a hammock, treating yourself to a massage or visiting a nearby town such as Gubbio, Montone, Assisi, Perugia, or Urbino. Return to your mat in the late afternoon before raising a glass of organic, local wine and enjoying a lovingly prepared vegetarian meal al fresco with new friends. Relaxed, retreat to your comfortable room in the centuries old farmhouse we will have to ourselves to call home for the week.
What is Included
-Daily meditation and two yoga classes including vinyasa, restorative and workshops open to all levels of experience taught by two instructors
-3 vegetarian meals per day prepared using mainly local, organic ingredients (dietary requests can be accommodated)
-Organic, local wine
-Tea and seasonal fresh fruit throughout the day
-Yoga mats, blocks, belts, and bolsters
-Access to indoor and outdoor facilities including yoga studio, pool, hammocks, hiking paths
-Assistance planning optional day trips at additional cost
*Airfare, ground transportation, massages, and day trips are not included.
Casa della Pace is located 3 hours away from Rome by train or car and 3 hours from Pisa and Florence, 2 hours from Ancona, 2.5 hours from Bologna, and 1 hour from Perugia, all by car. Mini bus transportation can be arranged at an additional cost for groups traveling from the same airport.
Early bird prices per person through May 1st
Single bed in a shared room for 3 or 4 with ensuite bath: £600 (approx $945 USD)
Single bed in a shared room for 2 with ensuite bath: £650 (approx $1025 USD)
Single bed in a shared room for 2 with shared bath: £600 (approx $945 USD)
Single room: £825 (approx $1300 USD)
Prices per person after May 1st
Single bed in a shared room for 3 or 4 with ensuite bath: £650 (approx $1025 USD)
Single bed in a shared room for 2 with ensuite bath: £700 (approx $1100 USD)
Single bed in a shared room for 2 with shared bath: £650 (approx $1025 USD)
Single room: £875 (approx $1375 USD)
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking with the remainder due July 1st. Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque/check or Paypal at an additional cost. Please contact Sarah (sarah dot damsky at gmail dot com) or Aliya (aliya dot sorgen at gmail dot com) to reserve your space and arrange payment. As space is limited, please reserve early to ensure you receive your preferred accommodation style.
Aliya Sorgen originally hails from the free-spirited town of Woodstock, NY where yoga in all forms was ever-present. Yet, ironically it wasn’t until she moved to “The City” that she started to explore and develop her own yoga practice. Remaining grounded amidst the frenetic pace of NYC life proved to be one of the most challenging and rewarding parts of her yoga practice.She completed her 200-hour and Prenatal training at OM Yoga Center in NYC and is also certified in Relax and Renew™ restorative yoga through Judith Hanson Lasater. Though she believes it’s fun to balance on her arms and stand on her hands, Aliya is most fascinated with the deep connection to oneself and others that yoga cultivates. Through the union of breath and movement she hopes to guide her students to find connection in all aspects of their lives.
Yoga first entered Sarah Damsky’s life when, as an unhealthy student, she enrolled in the first yoga course offered at Wesleyan University in 1998. She began to develop a consistent practice as a social work student at Columbia University in New York City to ground and replenish herself.
Sarah’s slow flow teaching style is influenced by the various styles of yoga she has practiced including the intelligent sequencing and precise alignment instructions of YogaWorks where she completed her 200-hour and Prenatal training. Sarah believes yoga is accessible to people of all ages, shapes, sizes and ability levels. In order to strengthen the skills necessary to support this belief, she completed the Level 1 Adaptive Yoga Teacher Training with Matthew Sanford at Mind Body Solutions. Sarah finds it a privilege to introduce the myriad benefits of this practice to others as they forge their own journeys on the path of yoga.